This is the next episode in Adam Ellis’s extended tutorial video series dedicated to Trance Music Production. This series will cover every aspect of music production and will continually develop your skills when applied correctly. In this 43-minute long studio session, Adam reworks one of his client’s uplifting trance tracks, by building and improving on it, adding Pads, Drones, Atmospheric Vocals, FXs, Counter Melodies, Bassline Parts, Fills, assorted with plenty of production tricks along the way.
Who is this tutorial for?
This tutorial is for artists who want to work faster and improve their sound at the same time. It’s aimed at Logic Pro X users, but the tricks you will learn can also be applied in other DAWs.
What You Will Learn
In this 43-minute long video studio session, Adam will show you:
- How to improve an existing track using MIDI & Audio
- Adding atmospheres to your track to make it more alive
- How to fill the low-mid frequency range of your mix
- Creating & improving pads and drones
- Sound selection for pads, drones atmospheres
- Adding atmospheric vocals to make your breakdown more beautiful
- Processing the key elements of your track
- Using automation to manage energy & transitions in your arrangement
- Adding plucks and counter melodies
- Panning your sounds effectively
- Making your track more interesting
- Finding the weak points of your track
- Improving your transitions & build-ups
- Creating the lead buildup & drop of your track
- Adding FX, risers & descenders to your track
- Improving the track’s basslines
- Reworking the leads of the track
- How to give each bassline part its space in the mix
- Adding drive & fullness with bassline & sequence parts
- Adding elements to make the track more interesting
- EQing tips on various elements
- and a lot more!
You can watch this video and apply the advice in your own tracks based on Adam’s instructions.